What Our Clients Have to Say…
We’ve built our standing as one of the top Commercial Real Estate firms in the state by putting the needs of our clients’ first. Don’t just take our word for it. Here are just a few of the recommendations we’ve gathered over the years.
- Erich and Compass Commercial helped us find the dream home for our Bend offices. If you’re looking for premier service, the Compass team is it! – Chad Cooper, Director of Business Development, I3DMFG
- Howard Friedman and Compass Commercial worked diligently to secure a tenant for our lease space. Howard’s work was meticulous and timely in securing a good tenant. He went the extra mile to make sure we were happy. — Dave Kremers, Owner, High Desert Beverage Co.
- Compass Commercial is the most credible business we have dealt with, not just within the real estate industry, but in the Central Oregon business community as a whole. In a recent transaction, we witnessed firsthand that everything they do is in the customer’s best interest. There are many businesses that preach the mantra, “The customer comes first,” but Compass Commercial delivers it better than any business we know. — Jim & Mary Schell, Bend, Oregon
- Even though it has been quite a while since you helped me with my current space, I still recall how you were so instrumental in making that happen for me, and I have always been so appreciative. — Karen Letourneau, Lone Crow Bungalow
- I worked with Ron Ross and Terry O Neil of Compass Commercial in the sale of my family’s industrial building in Bend, and can heartily recommend them both. It’s not easy selling a rather unique building when you live three hours away and are unfamiliar with the local market, so I relied upon their expertise in several areas. They showed a rare combination of absolute professionalism without any of the high-pressure tactics I have come to expect. We had several low offers early on, but Ron and Terry remained steadfast that a reasonable offer would come in if we were patient and stayed the course. Once we had that reasonable offer, they worked hard to make sure both parties were fully informed and on board. The sale closed on time, and without last minute surprises, and for this I give the credit to them. Ron Ross and Terry O’Neil are professional, knowledgeable, and are a real pleasure to work with. I couldn’t ask for anything more. – John Chapman
- Robert [Raimondi] presents himself as a knowledgeable and experienced professional in any business setting…His ability to grasp and discuss the details of larger business issues is often demonstrated in groups where the participants have conflicting agendas and priorities. He is articulate and able to convey his ideas in a convincing but non-confrontational style. – Al Eastwood
- [Russell Huntamer]’s service in the acquisition of the Cyber Drive property was truly magnificent! If I had to single out one thing you did that was of the greatest benefit, it was the way the earnest money note was handled in the original offer. But mostly it was your solid disposition, even temperament, curiosity and critical thinking at critical times, which are all hallmarks of great accomplishments in your profession—that made the whole campaign a lot of fun. — Charles McGrath,President, Grace Bio-labs
- After working with [Erich] and Jay for several months to secure an appropriate replacement property for a sizeable 1031 exchange, I want to thank you for all of the hard work and long hours the two of you put into our recent purchase. While many buyers and sellers might not be comfortable being represented by the same broker, I was confident that we would be well represented in this situation where you were the listing broker for the property we purchased. You spent tireless hours helping us negotiate the lease and I appreciate the way that you balanced the interests of both buyer and seller. I never felt that you were working for anyone but us. You took the time to fully understand our needs. Thank you for all of the hard work you put into making this transaction come together. I wholeheartedly recommend without hesitation that anyone who needs a commercial broker work with you. They won’t be disappointed! – Katharine Coakley, Investor
- As an experienced real estate attorney, I’ve dealt with countless commercial real estate brokers over the years, but never one better than Ron Ross. I have the utmost respect for Ron’s abilities and integrity … I intend to work with Ron in any and all future transactions, and will gladly refer my clients to him as well.” —Steve Bennett, Powers, McCulloch & Bennett
- I worked with Peter May and Darren Powderly to find a new home for growing DENT Instruments, Inc. They searched for months to find the ideal candidate for me — an FDIC bank property. Since it was a government-owned property the sale was never assured, but Peter and Darren wrote letters to the FDIC, enlisted the aid of local business development organizations, filled out countless government forms, and finally managed to create the winning bid. I really appreciate their help, stamina and the ‘extra mile’ they went to make this sale happen! — Christopher Dent, President DENT Instruments, Inc.
- Erich Schultz of Compass Commercial was chosen as the sales agent by Structus Properties for his experience with the facility as well as his professional reputation. Structus Properties had previously worked with Compass on several other transactions, and Mr. Schultz and his team had always operated with integrity as well as being prompt and punctual. This most recent transaction was no exception.Mr. Schultz had the task of satisfying both the buyer and the seller as dual agent. He was patient, thorough, and timely in successfully delivering the right buyer for the property. We remained tenants of the building, and it was vital that we were well-matched with a landlord that understood our business and respected our history.I would strongly recommend Erich and his team to any prospective buyer or seller. Erich’s measured demeanor in negotiating on behalf of each party was unique. The fact that both parties came away from the process satisfied with the outcome is a powerful testament to their work. – Sincerely, Bill Scannell, President & CEO,Structus Building Technologies, Inc.
- As advocate for an elderly friend, I recently sought help from Compass Commercial Real Estate Services. We needed to find a new commercial property tenant, and by lucky chance, Howard Friedman became our agent. Howard offered thoughtful professional guidance at every step, from appropriate rent range to comprehensive lease terms. Then he worked diligently to identify qualified prospects. He never overlooked a detail. The end result? A most happy landlord/tenant relationship and I’ve gained a valuable new friend in the process. — Bob Greenlee, Building owner representative
- [Russell Huntamer’s] service in the acquisition of the Cyber Dr. property was truly magnificent! If I had to single out one thing you did that was of the greatest benefit, it was the way the earnest money note was handled in the original offer…But mostly it was your solid disposition, even temperament, curiosity and critical thinking at critical times, which are all hallmarks of great accomplishments in your profession, that made the whole campaign a lot of fun. — Charles McGrath, President, Grace Bio-labs
- Brooks Resources and its affiliates have consistently utilized the commercial brokerage services of Erich Schultz and Compass Commercial for the past 10 years. Our commitment to them is based on more than their success at selling and leasing our properties, it has a lot to do with the quality and honesty of their real estate advice and counsel. Time and time again that advice has proven to be a positive influence on the outcome of our commercial real estate investments. — Kirk Schueler, Former President, Brooks Resources Corporation
- We hired Darren Powderly to sublease our office space in the Old Mill. Before I could even sign the sublease agreement, Darren had a qualified tenant for us. He got the job done in a fast, professional manner. I’d hire Darren again in a heartbeat. —Dick Templeman, Director of Operations, Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
- We really enjoyed working with Peter May. He took the time to help us find the perfect place to relocate our regional office. He also helped to negotiate a lease at a rate lower than we had expected to get. We would definitely use Peter again for finding office space. —Mark Allen, Head of the Property Committee, Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington
- We would describe Pat Kesgard in this way: Punctual, Honest, Knowledgeable and very caring. We would not even consider any other agent. He is top notch. — Jean and Arthur Pozzi, Bend, Oregon
- I had the pleasure of working with Jay to relocate my business from Minnesota to Central Oregon. He was incredibly responsive and provided excellent market knowledge from the time we started touring spaces all the way up to signing the lease. I believe Jay had our best interests in mind throughout the process and I would highly recommend him for any commercial real estate needs. — Mattie Rhoades, owner of Quiltsmart Inc.
- Steve [Toomey]: Sarah and I want to thank you for your help in finding a buyer to The Oddfellows Building. Given the current market conditions and the fact that the building was more than half-vacant, you performed a miracle and saved us from having to take back the building. Once again Steve, thank you for your help—. Frank and Sarah Rueg
- Jay and Darren were very easy to work with. Jay spent a lot of time with us to understand what our organization needed. We have had a great experience and would definitely use them again in any future commercial space search. – Erika Hente, Attorney, Legal Aid Services of Oregon
- As a long-time real estate investor, I have engaged in many escrows. This was probably the best in terms of everyone’s courtesy, professionalism and attention to detail. Thanks for your good service! We really appreciated your good effort. As you know, there were some complexities that had to be overcome in order for us to meet both the tenants’ and the buyer’s expectations. Your calm, professional manner successfully steered us through all that. Thanks, again. — Larry Norman
- [Pat Kesgard] provided exceptional service and advice in the successful renting of our commercial property in Bend Oregon. In our particular circumstance, we needed to find a tenant for a relatively large space of secondary quality. To add to the challenge, we were seldom in the Bend area during the process. We needed an owner’s broker who had the discipline to stay on the case, the ability to communicate market developments, and the savvy to figure out how to negotiate and make a deal remotely. You were able to meet and exceed my expectations on all of these points.
- Your consistent and persistent focus on our project as well as the integrity, candor and intelligence you brought to our conversations made all the difference. I would highly recommend you to anyone seeking commercial real estate advice. — Adam E. Max, The Jordan Company, New York, New York
- We needed to quickly find a new home for our business that would support us not only today, but well into the future as we aim to be a long-term player in the Bend Area. Thanks to insightful questions around our needs, the diligent work in finding options, and extensive market knowledge of Erich and Howard, we were able to quickly locate a property in an up and coming business park that would meet our needs and our budget. Erich and Howard professionally and expeditiously helped … us close on the property with all issues resolved … we are so thankful to have them on our team. — Patrick M. Quinn, COO, Major Brands Premium Beverage Distributors
- As advocate for an elderly friend, I recently sought help from Compass Commercial Real Estate Services. We needed to find a new commercial property tenant. And by lucky chance Howard Friedman became our agent. Howard offered thoughtful professional guidance at every step, from appropriate rent range to comprehensive lease terms. Then he worked diligently to identify qualified prospects. He never overlooked a detail. End result: A most happy landlord/tenant relationship. And I’ve gained a valuable new friend in the process. Thanks, Howard. — Bob Greenlee, Building Owner’s Representative
- On behalf of the TWO OLD HIPPIES company, we sincerely appreciated your professionalism in helping us secure our new facility. Your professionalism and attention to detail along with recommendations for capable support personnel was exceptional. Overall, your help and support through this journey was invaluable. THANK YOU! Please stop by in late August to visit our new facility. We should be up and running! Once again, much appreciation for all your support. – Den Stulc, Two Old Hippies
- [Compass Commercial’s] character and integrity is of the utmost importance in their daily operation. This is clear in how they do business and is unquestionable. Not only are they the most respected property management firm in Central Oregon, but I would consider them on par as a world class property management company that just happens to be based in Central Oregon. One of the properties in my portfolio is a five building Class A office campus. Upon taking over the assignment over four years ago we had a 24% effective stabilized occupancy. Through their leadership and professionalism, today we are at 100% occupancy with long- term leases in place and high rents. We have enjoyed a 100% renewal rate of all tenants within the entire portfolio. – Dr. Charles Bonnett, Owner, Deschutes Properties
- Compass Commercial Construction Services built my first restaurant here in Bend. Steve Hendley and his team exceeded my expectations for quality workmanship, attention to detail, and customer service. The relationships CCCS has built with Bend City Planning and Development and their subcontractors helped expedite the work and permitting process, allowing us to open on schedule. Anyone interested in seeing their work, come on by Jersey Mike’s Subs on SW Century. – Jim McGaha, Partner – Deschutes River Holdings, LLC, Franchisee – Jersey Mike’s Subs
- Because of your outstanding customer service, professionalism and extreme patience from the development of our specific needs; through the construction process; to completion of the project, we now have a beautiful office. It is exactly what we had envisioned for our agency when we first embarked on this journey. I appreciate the fact you were always available when I had questions. Your positive attitude and great sense of humor made the project go smoother and in making my job much easier! Your integrity, honesty and strong work ethic are rare in today’s world. We would highly recommend, without reservation your company for any commercial building needs. – Laura Dove-Kroo, Operations Coordinator – Best Care Treatment Services