Specific performance of maintenance and day porter projects; is responsible for performing light maintenance and janitorial duties to maintain the complete physical condition of the property to a Class “A” standard.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to
Please note that essential job functions may vary depending on the property, ownership and/or property manager.
- Must have an eye for detail and be able to identify and correct problems.
- Empty all exterior trash receptacles and ash tray throughout the Common Area. Clean the inside and outside of the receptacle to remove gum, food stains, etc.
- Remove trash, butts, leaves, weeds, etc. from any potted planter.
- Blow off sidewalks to remove trash, dust, leaves and butts. Scrape gum of the sidewalks as needed.
- Clean the exterior trash enclosures throughout the property. Sweep up all items on the concrete floor and discard any times not in the trash containers.
- Clean the tree grates throughout the exterior Common area. Remove all trash, leaves, butts and weeds.
- Clean the exterior benches throughout the Property so that customers can sit on them without getting themselves dirty.
- Pick up the parking lot and police catch basins to remove garbage, litter and debris. Sweep the curb corners to remove sand, butts and debris.
- Remove trash, litter, etc. in the Common Area.
- Walk the landscape areas and remove garbage, litter, etc. found there. Look for any landscaping or sprinkler concerns – report to maintenance software.
- Check the exterior light posts, signposts, signs and bike racks and remove any stickers and clean as needed – report any concerns to maintenance software.
- Place and remove carpet runners in lobby areas as required by weather conditions. Perform minor snow removal maintenance services as directed, including minor shoveling, sanding, salt spreading and sweeping of walkways and footpaths.
- Perform graffiti removal – this includes signposts, hydrants, trash enclosures, buildings and bollards.
- Clean the exterior tables and chairs if property requires
- Clean the exterior water feature and fire pit feature if property requires
- Clean the property directory and pylon signs if needed, report any leasing signing repairs to marketing department.
- Sweep and/or mop or scrub the hallways as required by building / property manager
- Clean the Public Restrooms and hallways as required by building / property manager
- Maintain all janitorial and Property equipment in good working order. This includes brooms, mops, extension poles, vacuums, carts, tools, etc.
- Make sure all assigned responsibilities and/or projects are carried out in an orderly, safe, timely and professional manner.
- Change out light bulbs as directed by Maintenance Software / property manager.
- Make sure all electrical rooms and storage rooms are neat, clean, broom cleaned and organized.
- Report any problems i.e. lighting issues, fire/safety issues to the maintenance software / property manager immediately.
- Clean public elevator, de-web, stairs, storefront windows and window ledges as needed.
- Maintain dog waste station and water removal as required by the property.
- Clean building roofs as directed by work order system / property manager.
The following are the minimum qualifications that an individual need in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License with clean record
- Two years related experience
- Janitorial, with light mechanical and landscape skills. Ability to operate light equipment backpack blowers, leaf vacuums, pressure washer, floor vacuum, floor scrubber and operate light tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, MSDS information and be OSHA compliant.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, management and tenants
- Ability to multi-task, solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees, tenants and/or other customers
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, crouch or crawl the duration of a day’s shift; some work conditions require time spent on uneven surfaces
- Ability to operate light machinery and company vehicles
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing between 25 and 50 pounds overhead and in unusual configurations and perform snow removal work
- Ability to work at heights 6 feet or more off the ground.
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This position warrants working inside and outside on a clean, orderly and properly lighted property. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
To apply submit your resume, cover letter and work references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications available by request.