Facilities Maintenance Technician
We are seeking a skilled facilities maintenance and repair technician for commercial properties in Bend and Redmond to join our Compass Commercial Asset & Property Management team.
Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine maintenance and repairs on a variety of company managed commercial real estate properties. Must possess skills and knowledge required to do quality work. Complete work timely and according to building standards, be proactively-minded on preventative maintenance to help achieve each property’s goals set forth by the owners and managers.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus three (3) to five (5) years of experience in commercial building maintenance or related industry.
- Knowledge in building maintenance and repairs including related plumbing, electrical, construction and carpentry skills.
- Self-motivated, team player with an eye for detail.
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external tenant and vendor relationships.
- Organized and able to work in a variety of building environments.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Develop and maintain a courteous and service-oriented rapport with all customers (tenants, building occupants, vendors, clients, co-workers).
- Manage work orders utilizing automated work order system through mobile device to address tenant requests and preventative maintenance activities.
- Maintain fire life safety procedures and protocols.
- Ensure all assigned work orders are responded to within the assigned maintenance schedule.
- Meet weekly to review the status of completed work orders.
- Perform property inspections and submit findings.
- Work with Property Manager to ensure that properties are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Carry appropriate tools to perform maintenance services.
- Performs all other duties that may be required for the position.
The Maintenance Technician performs installation, repair, and preventive maintenance services on a variety of commercial properties and is prepared to respond to maintenance requests on a daily basis. Is knowledgeable and skilled in plumbing, electrical and lighting, carpentry and building maintenance. Must be able to recommend and communicate solutions to Property Managers and complete the work upon approval. Works with other vendors as needed on projects, ordering materials and supervising job performance to fulfill work objectives.
The ideal candidate demonstrates the following skills and abilities:
- General computer skills. Have demonstrated proficiency and experience in utilizing email, tenant and building database systems (hardware and software).
- Good communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to interface with various user groups including tenants, vendors, owners and internal team members.
- Clean driving record and appropriate and dependable vehicle capable of carrying tools and equipment.
- Evidence of automobile liability insurance coverage and valid Oregon state driver’s license.
- Drug test, credit screening and criminal background check required prior to employment.
- Available to work occasional overtime and provide after hours on-call emergency response as needed.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach-lift-pull-push, balance, crouch, crawl, kneel, lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Job requires exposure to paints, chemicals, extreme heat and cold temperatures, heights and natural environments.
- Appropriate work boots and clothing for extreme heat and cold.
Come join our Team! Apply today. If interested submit your resume, cover letter and work references to email@example.com.