Herb Arathoon, CPM®
Senior Property Manager, Broker
Licensed in the State of Oregon
Property Management, Office, Industrial and Retail Leasing
Herb currently manages 24 properties including office, industrial and retail buildings. His duties include day-to-day management, emergency response, budget preparation, CAM/NNN report reconciliation, vendor hiring, common area supervision, maintenance and repairs.
As a broker, Herb meets with potential tenants to show property, prepare letters of intent, prepare leases and act as liason between landlords, tenants and contractors. He takes extra care in tenant retention and keeping the buildings he manages fully leased. Herb is a Certified Property Manager® with the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®).
Background & Experience
Before working at Compass Commercial, Herb worked for seven years at Cornerstone Realty. He has managed large shopping centers, industrial buildings, office buildings and retail strip centers. Herb has 40 years of business experience and is currently part owner with his son and wife of the Taco del Mar restaurants in Central Oregon.
Herb is bilingual having grown up in Guatemala. He came to Bend for the first time in 1972 and has lived full time in Bend since 1986 with his wife Mary raising their 3 children in Bend. In his free time he enjoys water skiing, dining out, going to the movies, reading, and playing with his five granddaughters.
- Past President of Mt High Homeowners Association
- Past Vice-President and Head of the Water/Landscape Committee
- Master of Business Administration in Financial Management, City University, Bellevue, WA
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Oregon State University
Accomplishments & Accolades
- MVP Compass Commercial Property Management Division — 2013
- Outstanding Performance Award — 2015
- Joined Compass Commercial — 2007
- Certified Property Manager® (CPM®) from Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®)
- Accredited Management Organization® (AMO®)
- National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
- Central Oregon Association of REALTORS® (COAR)