Committed to the Central Oregon Community Since 1996
At Compass Commercial, we understand the importance in building a strong community. That’s why we are committed to supporting initiatives that contribute to the vitality, sustainability and future growth in Central Oregon. We encourage volunteerism and the financial support of community organizations as part of our company culture.
Compass Cares Initiative
We introduced the Compass Cares Initiative in 2016, which includes annual financial contributions of $2,500 each to two nonprofits, as well as proceeds raised during the company’s annual fundraising event.
KIDS Center and Deschutes Children’s Foundation are our two grantees for 2019 – 2020. As Bend and Central Oregon continue to grow, the necessity for programs providing crucial services to the region’s children and families, including those affected by child abuse, is more important than ever.
Volunteering in Our Community
Our team serves the community in many ways on boards, on ad hoc committees, planning fundraising events and contributing time and money to support nonprofit organizations.
- Averaging 1,500 reported hours of volunteer time each year.
- Raised $72,542 for past Compass Cares recipients, Bethlehem Inn and Shepherd’s House Ministries, from 2016 – 2018.
- Committed $5,000 to the St. Charles Foundation Capital Campaign supporting the hospital’s expansion, including a new ICU facility, to serve patients and their families in Central Oregon.
- Our team donates gifts at Christmas-time to a family of a child with a critical medical need through the Central Oregon Sparrow Club’s, Bless a Nest program.
- We are proud to have been a supporter of OSU-Cascades’ 4 Central Oregon campaign to bring OSU-Cascades to our community.
- UGB Advisory Committee
- Central Oregon Intergovernmental Council
- Bend Chamber of Commerce
- Sisters Chamber of Commerce
- Redmond Chamber of Commerce
- City of Bend
- City of Bend Budget Committee
- City of Bend Affordable Housing Committee
- US Bank National Association for Central & Eastern Oregon
- US Forest Service, Adopt a Trail
- City Club of Central Oregon
“Our community has given us so much… it’s our privilege and obligation to give back.”
— Howard Friedman, CCIM, Principal Broker, Compass Commercial