Happy employees ensure happy customers.
Compass Commercial offers a tremendous opportunity for growth and to make a positive impact in one of the most desirable locations to live, work and play.
The vibrant lifestyle and work-life balance opportunities Central Oregon has to offer continues to attract new businesses and families to the area.
Sharpen your skills by working closely with the most experienced professionals in the region. Our open workplace layout allows our team to bond and to learn from one another. We all love the vibrant lifestyle, exceptional opportunities for business, education and family-friendly environment that Central Oregon provides.
Find your niche within our dynamic culture.
Lease Administration Analyst
Under general supervision, upholds the integrity of real estate portfolio data for the assigned portfolio of clients. Inputs, maintains, organizes and reports on information regarding lease dates, dollar values and financial accounting transactions into a lease management software database. Prepares, processes and reconciles AR & AP transactions to ensure accurate and current lease information is maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists manager in resolving critical issues for clients by researching and gathering information about payment transactions, lease terms and other relevant items as requested.
- Prepares lease abstracts and edits them for accuracy.
- Edits narratives to support computer generated reports.
- Provides narratives on monthly variance reports, lease analysis and interpretation of lease information to clients.
- Tracks payables and receivables associated with the leases in the portfolio. Processes client rent rolls utilizing the database. Prepares export files and sends them to accounting for payables processing.
- Performs annual operating expense reconciliations, monitors audit windows and audit requirements contained in the lease documents.
- Assists manager with preparation and distribution of periodic and ad hoc reports in a timely, accurate manner. Runs standard reports for management review and runs ad hoc reports with assistance. Assists with design of reports utilizing a variety of software tools.
- Prepares and distributes critical date reports; maintains tickler system for tracking important dates and tasks.
- Creates and maintains client lease files ensuring they contain current, accurate information.
- May conduct financial analysis/accounting as appropriate, including AR/AP, rent rolls, and budgets in accordance with required accounting principles (GAAP, Tax, Cash, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with Accounting, Finance or Real Estate preferred.
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
Other Skills and/or abilities:
Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products). Ability to work well under pressure. Advanced organizational skills.
Under general supervision, this person must be able to perform/learn how to perform the following duties:
- Follow up with vendors regarding past due invoices
- Research misapplied payments
- Creating files/sorting mail
- Learn P2P in Yardi (property management platform) to assist with approving invoices
- Basic accounting knowledge
Major Project: moving all previous files from an old system to a new system (Appfolio/Avid to Yardi)
- Excel proficient
- Ability to perform data entry
- Strive to learn in a busy work environment
- Work 6-10 hours a week
- Working towards a business or accounting degree