Compass Commercial Real Estate Services recently held its annual company meeting in the conference center at Hampton Inn & Suites in Bend’s Old Mill District. Awards were given to numerous professionals within each division of the company to recognize their hard work, complex problem solving and successes during 2018. One such award is Top Producer of the Year which goes to the broker who has closed deals accumulating the highest total gross consideration while providing excellent services to their clients.
For the second year in a row, the company’s top producer was Dan Kemp. In 2018, Dan closed transactions valuing a total of more than $50,000,000 comprised of commercial sales, leases and business sales, including the company’s largest sale transaction. Recognizing that the transactions were not accomplished single-handedly, Dan honored those who worked tirelessly by his side including fellow brokers Peter May, Adam Bledsoe, Graham Dent and Kristin Kemp, his wife who also works as administrative assistant.
Other awards included:
- 2018 Largest Sale Transaction awarded to brokers Jay Lyons, SIOR, CCIM, Grant Schultz and Dan Kemp for representing the sale of the multi-family Bear Creek Apartments, 155 NE Craven Road in Bend for $7,250,000.
- 2018 Largest Lease Transaction was awarded to brokers Jay Lyons, SIOR, CCIM and Grant Schultz for a lease renewal for a 78,000 square foot industrial building in Redmond.
Monthly Top Producers throughout the year were:
- Dan Kemp, Broker – January, February & March
- Jay Lyons, SIOR, CCIM – June, August & September
- Terry O’Neil, CCIM – July & November
- Pat Kesgard, CCIM – April
- Graham Dent, Broker – May
- Robert Raimondi, CCIM – October
- Joel Thomas, CCIM – December
Other team members recognized for excellence in service and outstanding performance included:
- Best Team Collaboration for the sale of the longstanding managed property Deschutes Business Center located on Empire Avenue in Bend. After collaboration between the Brokerage, Asset & Property Management and Construction Services divisions of Compass Commercial and third-party architects DKA for a major façade remodel and property upgrade, the property sold for $6,112,000. The seller of the 54,508 square feet of mixed-use complex on 5.46 acres was represented by Compass Commercial Real Estate Services brokers Robert Raimondi, CCIM and Russell Huntamer, CCIM and Compass Commercial Asset & Property Management regional property manager John Keba, CPM®, ARM®. Compass Commercial regional property manager Paul Weaver represented both sides of the transaction, while brokers Gardner Williams and Peter May, CCIM of Compass Commercial represented the buyer.
- Outstanding Performance Award to principal broker Bruce Churchill, Principal Broker for exemplary sales performance.
- Rookie of the Year to broker Adam Bledsoe in recognition of excellent sales performance and client service.
- Compass Cares Award to Howard Friedman, CCIM for his dedication and service to the Central Oregon community through his devoted volunteer work with Bethlehem Inn and MBSEF (Mt. Bachelor Sports Education Foundation).
- Founders Award to Steve Hendley of Compass Commercial Construction Services, presented annually to a top performer who exemplifies the principles, core values and vision of the founders of Compass Commercial, Erich Schultz, SIOR and Stephen Toomey, CCIM.